Saturday, August 16, 2008

A wet fire cracker and the faint pop

A wet fire cracker and the faint pop.(for those people who won't read till last, for the title, courtesy V P.. he threatened me with copyright infringement) It was a sentence that marked the end of two hectic weeks filled with lots of enjoyment, problems and tension. The week was marked by three events.

o Seminar at St.Mary’s College

o Industrial visit to SIFL

o AGM of ISTE

First came the seminar on polymer chemistry at St.Mary’s college, Thrissur. What a mechanical engineer to do at a seminar on Recent Developments in Polymer Chemistry?. Well, there is. To begin with, it was held in St.Mary’s college, which for those who don’t know, is one of the prestigious girls only (read women only) college in the heart of the city. Then two days duty leave (i.e. 12 hours attendance which otherwise would have been marked absent) for sitting in the midst of a hundred beautiful ladies. Then the seminar, being a UGC sponsored one, had value in terms of the participation certificate. There’s also a talk on application of polymers in nanotechnology and electronics which was pretty interesting.

I also had the opportunity to speak in the valedictory function on behalf of our college. Rollz.. :D

The second happening was the industrial visit to SIFL. IV(as we call it) is the short for escape from boring lectures with the added advantage of department sponsored pleasure trip. But this IV, didn’t have he second advantage. We wanted to learn what was happening at SIFL (ok, I for got to mention, SIFL is Steel and Industries Forging Ltd, at Athani), which caters to the needs of many high profile clients in sectors like defense, space technology etc. It was also important to our field of study during the current semester as we are having a paper titled MCF.


The industry interaction went ok, but what marked it important in my week was that it made me sick. I almost fainted inside the forge shop and had to ask payis to help me outside. That blackout wa followed by 3 days of fever, ruining my weekend.

(Photo's are highly confidential. I've put up for the sake of my readers.Kindly don't misuse them.. :D)

The third and the last one consumed most of my two weeks. Not just mine, but also of my friends, giving life to a society that was dead for years. From consolidating the member details to managing the one n only Mr.Dynamic(mite) personality, it was horrible. Though i must say that a software done by my fellow blogger Devidas made things a little easy. But the data entry was still a problem. And 18 hours of lost class(engaged class, which usually is not so) is just the tip of the ice berg.

(I'm a little selfish and have put up a picture of me speaking at the AGM as program coordinator. Hope nobody minds.)

Anyway, the bottom line is, all went fine. ISTE Students chapter now have a convener, joint convener,program coordinator and 14 executive members, my friend Navneenth being the convenor. And if anybody from the college wants to join ISTE, kindly cotact him.

7 comments:

Vishnu said...

HEy!!...You stole my heading!!...Not Fair!!

Nivil Jacob said...

sorry man.. forgot to mention u.. will do dat... credits willl do ryt?

Vishnu said...

Naah...better put a huge life size poster of me next to the article...ente thala, ente full figure...

Hailstone said...

I'm a little selfish and have put up a picture of me speaking at the AGM as program coordinator. Hope nobody minds --
* Never mind :) *
Pinne, kurachokke selfish aakunnathil oru thettumilla ennanu ente abipraayam..

Hailstone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nivil Jacob said...

thanks for understandin priya..

DD said...

gollam :P