Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Call it a day..!!

Today, when i opened my eyes at 5, i thought it'll b a day as any other day. But that's not what happened. Soon after opening my eves at 5, i closed it again, only to be awakened by my grandmother's call at 8:30. Then i decided the first hour will've to go. Had a brush and bath by nine and then i decided t grab a minute of tv. N then sat there till 11 on a movie.
And when i finally got on road, it's d most pleasing of a sight that greeted me. The famed MG road, blocked like hell, even from the pocket roads.Don't ask me what's so pleasing about the entire road being blocked... U wont believe it, the corporation(..ma best guess) was patching the roads. And people, it's a sight in itself, the traffic being outright struck from 'shankarayya junction' to 'naduvilal'. Even though MG road is famed for it's blocks, it's the first time i'm seeing a block of this magnitude here.And the line buses changed route due to this block and it made me walk till 'ragam'.( :(.. poor me, walking almost 2 km in that hot sun).
And by evening, almost 90% of the potholes in MG road are gone. Isn't that wonderful? I'm very happy that the government made a move at least now. It's been ages since the road gave anyone a good ride.

No comments: